An Accra Circuit Court presided over by Her Honour Mrs Christiana Cann has convicted Actress Rosemond Brown popularly known as Akuapem Poloo after pleading guilty in court today.
She has been remanded into custody to undergo a pregnancy test before her sentencing.
Akuapem Polo was charged with the publication of nude pictures with her seven-year-old son.
She’d pleaded not guilty when she was first arraigned but changed her plea from not guilty to guilty, on Wednesday, April 14, 2021.
In Court today, the accused person pleaded guilty to all three charges and was convicted on her own plea by the court presided over by Her Honour Christina Cann.
EIB Network’s Court Correspondent Murtala Inusah, reports that the court has deferred her sentencing to Friday, April 16, 2021 for her to undergo a pregnancy test in compliance with the law regarding a woman who has pleaded guilty in court.
When asked by the court if she still stands by her change of plea, she said yes, before she was remanded.
The outspoken actress is facing three charges of publication of obscene materials, engaging in domestic violence, a conduct that in any way undermines another person’s privacy or integrity and engaging in domestic violence namely conduct that in any way detracts or is likely to detract from another person’s dignity and worth as a human being.
Rosemond who had displayed her naked picture with her son on social media on June 30, 2020 pleaded not guilty to all the charges.
The Circuit Court however admitted her to bail in the sum of GHc100,000 with four sureties.
Two of the sureties were to be justified with landed property worth same amount.
In addition to the bail conditions, the court said the title deed of the property, should be deposited at the court’s Registry pending the final determination of the matter.
This was after her former lawyer Philip Kofi Bekoe had prayed the court to admit her to bail on grounds she is a well-known person. He said his client has people of substance who would stand as sureties when granted bail.
The prosecution did not oppose the bail application.
A brief facts of the case presented to the court by the prosecution led by Chief Inspector Agartha Asantewaa were that the complainant is Bright K. Appiah, the Director of Child Rights International Ghana.
According to the prosecution, on June 30, 2020, the accused person celebrated her son’s seventh birthday and she took her nude pictures together with her son who was also half naked and posted same on her Instagram page which went viral on social media.
She told the court that, the pictures attracted comments, adding that the behaviour of the accused person was likely to detract from the dignity of her seven-year-old son among others.
Chief Inspt. Agartha told the court that the complainant petitioned the Director-General of the Criminal Investigations Directorate and the matter was referred to the Domestic Violence and Victims Support Unit.
Akuapem Poloo, she said was arrested and in her caution statement, admitted posting the nude picture with her son unintentionally.
But, prosecution held that Rosemond had deliberately posted the nude picture together with her son.
- Afia Schwarzenegger finally reveals why she is unperturbed about Akuapem Poloo’s sentence
- Akuapem Poloo’s son to get GH¢2,000 remittance each month from two generous people
- Akuapem Poloo saga: Afia Schwarzenegger fires hypocritical Ghanaians
- Reggie Rockstone in tears after Akuapem Poloo’s sentencing
- Akuapem Poloo sentencing: Photo of Afia Schwarzenegger kissing her son on the lip surfaces
- Akuapem Poloo refused to take my advice – ‘Big Sister’ Afia Schwar swears
- Akuapem Poloo’s sentence was too harsh – Gasmilla
- Akuapem Poloo saga: Afia Schwarzenegger fires hypocritical Ghanaians (VIDEO)
- Sammy Gyamfi begs president Akufo-Addo to pardon Akuapem Poloo
- ‘I’ll pass this test; I’m strong’ – Akuapem Poloo
- Lawyer Sandra Ankobiah speaks about Akuapem Poloo’s 3 months jail term
- Here Are Photos Of Akuapem Poloo Being Whisked Into A Taxi After She Was Sentenced To 90 Days In Prison
- Leila Djansi Says Ghana Is A Stup!d Hypocritical Country For Jailing Akuapem Poloo Over Her N*de Photo
- Criss Waddle Begs President Akufo-Addo To Pardon Akuapem Poloo
- Sammy Gyamfi Calls On President Akufo-Addo To Pardon Akuapem Poloo – Says Her Sentence Is Too Harsh
- “We Really Need Sentencing Reforms In This Country” – Slay Queen Lawyer, Sandra Ankobiah Reacts To Akuapem Poloo’s 90 Days Imprisonment
- Akuapem Poloo to spend son’s next birthday in prison
- Watch The Video Of How Akuapem Poloo Was Whisked Into A Car To Serve Her Jail Term
- DKB reveals Akuapem Poloo’s current state behind bars
- Reggie Rockstone ‘attacks’ Serwaa Amihere for sharing opinion on Akuapem Poloo’s case
- VIDEO: Akuapem Poloo Speaks After She Was Handed A 90 Day Jail Sentence For Posting A N*de Photo With Her Son On Instagram
- Social media reacts to Akuapem Poloo’s 90-day jail term
- Akuapem Poloo’s pregnancy test came out negative
- Aisha Huang did more damage than Akuapem Poloo – Franklin Cudjoe
- Bloggers’ Forum: Akuapem Poloo’s conviction spark outrage
- BREAKING NEWS: Akuapem Poloo Jailed 90 Days For Posting Her N*de Photo With Her Son On Instagram
- Akuapem Poloo slapped with 90-day jail term over nude picture with son
- VIDEO: Showboy Reacts To Akuapem Poloo’s Impending Sentence From His Prison In The United States
- Shut up! You’re hurting Akuapem Poloo with your campaign – Nana Yaw Wiredu to A-Plus
- VIDEO: Current State Of Sorrowful Akuapem Poloo In Police Custody Revealed