The family of Ahmed Hussein-Suale has decried Assin Central legislator, Kennedy Agyapong, describing his ¢100,000 bounty on the killers as diversionary.
According to the family of the slain member of the private investigative group, Tiger Eye P.I, the MP should give the money to the police who are investigating the murder of their beloved relative.
A spokesperson for the family, Dr. Mustapha Iddrisu says they feel insulted by the act of the governing New Patriotic Party’s (NPP) legislator, who months ago, called for violence against the deceased.
The controversial politician weeks ago, offered to pay ¢100,000 from his personal coffers to anyone who provides useful information on the persons who shot and killed the key associate of renowned investigative journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas last month.
Speaking at a news conference on Monday, however, Dr. Iddrisu called on the public to “ignore such rants and to not further avail their esteemed platforms for such cacophony.”
Dr. Iddrisu explained that at no point did their deceased family member feel a sense of immense insecurity until “Kennedy Agyapong splashed his photographs in the media with his accompanying incitement of violence against him.”
“…We are appealing to Mr. Agyapong to allow the innocent soul of our son, father and brother to rest in eternal peace,” the spokesperson added.
Assisted school fees
Meanwhile, Dr. Idrissu has also described the claim by the politician and business tycoon that he assisted with the payment of the late Hussein-Suale’s fees in 2012 while he was at the university, as an untruth.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
He said the family has always had the wherewithal to fund the education of its members and Hussein-Suale was not an exception.
“This assertion is nothing but the desperation of an overly excited person over the demise of our son and the exploitation of the ‘perpetual silence of the dead’. Suale is one of many graduates in the family and all his siblings are sponsored from within the family resources.
“It has to be noted that our son entered the University of Ghana in the academic year of 2008/2009 and graduated in the year 2012. Curiously, the family solely paid the school fees of Suale for three academic years of his studies (2008/2009, 2009/2010, 2010/2011), but the MP is suggesting that the family could not afford the fees for his last academic year’s (2011/2012) fees? “Indeed, if you intend to easily win a debate, go into a contest with the dead, for they may remain silent to crown you the winner,” he added.
The family also wants the MP to desist from referring to their deceased relative as “a dangerous boy and a rascal.”
The late Hussein-Suale he indicated, “was not a vagabond” as Mr. Agyapong likes to bandy about.”
“He was a journalist – one of the best investigative journalists this continent ever produced,” he said.
“…we wish to state unequivocally that our son was educated, he was a journalist of international repute. He worked hard, contributed to naming, shaming and jailing of corrupt and bad persons around the world and particularly in Ghana. He did an honest job and earned a living,” the spokesperson defended.
- We Have No Forensic Artists To Draw Ahmed’s Killers – Police
- Ahmed’s Murder: Anas Presents ‘Concrete’ Evidence To Police
- SHOCKING: Unedited Version Of Anas’ Expose’ Reveals He Forces Money On People As Gifts And Secretly Films Them – VIDEO
- Police Arrest 6 Persons In Connection With Ahmed’s Murder
- VIDEO: Kennedy Agyapong Exposes Anas With “Who Watches The Watchman” Part 2
- I Don’t Trust Current IGP Because Anas Vetted And Appointed Him – Kennedy Agyapong Alleges
- Kennedy Agyapong Promises To Gift GHS100,000 To Anyone Having Information About Ahmed’s Killers
- Ahmed’s DEATH: Fingerprint Experts Engaged By Police Over Ahmed’s Murder
- 6 stunning facts about Anas’ murdered partner, Ahmed Suale you never knew
- PHOTOS: Anas’ murdered key partner, Ahmed Suale laid to rest
- How ‘Anas’ cover was allegedly blown in TseAdo land-guards operation
- Kennedy Agyapong vindicated about Anas?
- PHOTO: Police arrests key suspect in the murder of Ahmed Hussein-Suale
- Anas’ Location When Ahmed Suale Was Killed Revealed
- Anas’ Tiger Eye PI Is A Criminal And Terrorist Organisation – Kwesi Nyantakyi Speaks
- Kennedy Agyapong Rains Insults On Family Of Late Ahmed For Siding With Anas
- Ask Me Intelligent Questions And Stop The Rubbish – Kennedy Agyapong ‘Fires’ BBC Reporter
- Police ‘Picks Up’ Anas Over Ahmed’s Death
- This Is Why Anas Employed The Late Ahmed Hussein-Suale
- Ahmed’s Death: I Have No Trust In Ghana Police; I’m Doing My Own Investigations – Kennedy Agyapong
- I’ll Honour Ahmed With A ‘Huge Story’ That’ll Shake Nations – Anas
- VIDEO: Anas Speaks On Allegations That He Killed Ahmed
- Ahmed’s death: Ex Tiger Eye PI staff ‘fingers’ Anas’ wife in Ahmed’s gruesome murder
- We did our best to protect Ahmed – Family reveals
- Killers of Anas’ key partner, Ahmed identified – MP reveals
- Kwesi Nyantakyi ‘hot’ over Anas’ key partner, Ahmed’s death
- Kennedy Agyapong likely to be banned from the US over Ahmed’s gruesome murder
- AHMED’S MURDER: Eyewitness account on how the unknown gunmen killed Ahmed
- AHMED’S MURDER: Ghanaians call for Anas’ head over the death of his key partner, Ahmed Suale
- Murdered Ahmed left behind 2 wives and 8 children