New Patriotic Party (NPP) Member of Parliament for the Assin Central Constituency, Kennedy Agyapong, has told the BBC that he does not trust the Ghana Police Service in their handling of the killing of Ahmed Suale, an investigator with private investigative firm, Tiger Eye PI.
Ahmed Hussein-Suale, known for his work in the investigative piece on corruption in Ghana football, was shot dead on the night of Wednesday, January 16, by unidentified assailants in Accra.
His death prompted calls by some Ghanaians including the NDC Minority, for Kennedy Agyapong to be picked up, over his comments inciting violence against the investigator several months before his death. The calls reached a peak when a US Congressman called on US government to look at possible sanctions including a travel ban against the Member of Parliament for exposing pictures of the deceased after their number 12 investigative piece.
Speaking on BBC however, the legislator, who refused to be linked to the killing, disclosed that he is looking into the matter more thoroughly than the police in a manner that will ensure that justice is served.
When the BBC’s Thomas Naadi asked why he didn’t report to the police his supposed evidence of criminal activities against Anas and his team but rather chose to unmask them, he said he didn’t trust the police.
A shocked Naadi asked again if he didn’t trust the police to find the killers he responded in the affirmative.
“I don’t trust the Police. No, I don’t trust them. I am even doing better investigations than the Police.I just don’t trust the police. I have a lot of evidence but I don’t share with anybody. I will serialise them.”
He said although he was saddened about the death and sympathizes with Ahmed’s family, he has no regret for showing Ahmed’s image publicly just as he and his team have done to others in their work.
I am not responsible for Ahmed’s death
Mr. Agyepong has already distanced himself from the death of Ahmed Hussein-Suale, saying, he cannot fathom why he would engineer the killing of a person who is irrelevant in his life.
But, Former President Jerry John Rawlings, has blamed the death of investigator on the decision by one man to unmask the investigative journalist and incite violence against him.
“We are here today largely because one man recklessly unmasked an investigative reporter and issued threats of violence. Ahmed Suale’s killing cannot be allowed to end up like others- unresolved. We have to get to the bottom of these questionable circumstances and their implications for our wider safety”, he tweeted days after the murder.
Police engage fingerprint experts over Ahmed-Saule’s death
President Akufo-Addo has tasked the police to bring Ahmed’s killers to book.
As a result, the Ghana Police Service has engaged professionals including fingerprint experts and cartographers to help identify the suspects in the killing incident.
Director General in charge of Public Affairs at the Ghana Police Service, ACP David Eklu who disclosed this to Citi News said the service is making progress with regards to its investigation.
He said the police had taken statements from some eyewitnesses and the cartographer is expected to give an artistic impression of the two persons who allegedly shot and killed Ahmed Hussein-Suale.
The Criminal Investigations Department (CID) has subsequently interrogated some persons; the Member of Parliament for Assin Central, Kennedy Agyapong and former GFA president, Kwesi Nyantakyi to assist in investigations.
“We are marshalling all our resources. There is a combined team of homicide experts, ballistic experts, fingerprint experts, interrogators and all other people are working on the case. We are also collaborating with other sister security agencies so that they can all help us. We are also working closely with the family and the TigerEye team so that we can get these people to face the full rigours of the law. We are engaging the services of a cartographer to give us an impression of them.”
A number of interested local and international bodies including FIFA have backed calls for a ‘serious probe’ into Ahmed’s killing.
- How ‘Anas’ cover was allegedly blown in TseAdo land-guards operation
- Kennedy Agyapong vindicated about Anas?
- VIDEO: Anas Releases Full Video Of Latest Exposé On Galamsey
- SHOCKING: Unedited Version Of Anas’ Expose’ Reveals He Forces Money On People As Gifts And Secretly Films Them – VIDEO
- We Have No Forensic Artists To Draw Ahmed’s Killers – Police
- Anas’ Location When Ahmed Suale Was Killed Revealed
- VIDEO: Kennedy Agyapong Exposes Anas With “Who Watches The Watchman” Part 2
- Kennedy Agyapong Rains Insults On Family Of Late Ahmed For Siding With Anas
- Ahmed’s Murder: Ignore Kennedy Agyapong’s Ghc100,000 Bounty – Family Tells Ghanaians
- Ahmed’s Murder: Anas Presents ‘Concrete’ Evidence To Police
- Ask Me Intelligent Questions And Stop The Rubbish – Kennedy Agyapong ‘Fires’ BBC Reporter
- Police ‘Picks Up’ Anas Over Ahmed’s Death
- This Is Why Anas Employed The Late Ahmed Hussein-Suale
- I Don’t Trust Current IGP Because Anas Vetted And Appointed Him – Kennedy Agyapong Alleges
- I’ll Honour Ahmed With A ‘Huge Story’ That’ll Shake Nations – Anas
- VIDEO: Anas Speaks On Allegations That He Killed Ahmed
- Kennedy Agyapong Promises To Gift GHS100,000 To Anyone Having Information About Ahmed’s Killers
- 6 stunning facts about Anas’ murdered partner, Ahmed Suale you never knew
- Ahmed’s death: Ex Tiger Eye PI staff ‘fingers’ Anas’ wife in Ahmed’s gruesome murder
- We did our best to protect Ahmed – Family reveals
- Killers of Anas’ key partner, Ahmed identified – MP reveals
- Kennedy Agyapong likely to be banned from the US over Ahmed’s gruesome murder
- AHMED’S MURDER: Eyewitness account on how the unknown gunmen killed Ahmed
- AHMED’S MURDER: Ghanaians call for Anas’ head over the death of his key partner, Ahmed Suale
- Murdered Ahmed left behind 2 wives and 8 children
- AHMED’S MURDER: Investigations shouldn’t be focused on Kennedy Agyapong only – Criminologist
- AHMED’S MURDER: The Police shouldn’t consider Kennedy Agyapong as the prime suspect – Lawyer Afenyo Markin defends
- AHMED’S MURDER: John Jerry Rawlings blames Kennedy Agyapong
- PHOTOS: Anas’ murdered key partner, Ahmed Suale laid to rest
- I have not been arrested by the Police CID – Kennedy Agyapong