The Ghana Police Service has expanded the investigations into the killing of TigerEye PI journalist, Ahmed-Saule.
It has engaged professionals including fingerprint experts and cartographers to help identify the suspects in the killing incident.
Director-General in charge of Public Affairs at the Ghana Police Service, ACP David Eklu who disclosed this to Citi News said the police is making progress with regards to its investigation.
He said the police had taken statements from some eyewitnesses and the cartographer is expected to give an artistic impression of the two persons who allegedly shot and killed Ahmed Hussein-Suale.
Ahmed Suale was reportedly shot twice in the chest and once in the neck by two gunmen on a motorbike at Madina, killing him instantly. The Criminal Investigations Department (CID) has subsequently interrogated some persons; the Member of Parliament for Assin Central, Kennedy Agyapong and former GFA president, Kwesi Nyantakyi to assist in investigations.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
“We are marshalling all our resources. There is a combined team of homicide experts, ballistic experts, fingerprint experts, interrogators and all other people are working on the case. We are also collaborating with other sister security agencies so that they can all help us. We are also working closely with the family and the TigerEye team so that we can get these people to face the full rigours of the law. We are engaging the services of a cartographer to give us an impression of them.
Meanwhile, pressure continues to mount on Ghana by international agencies to find and arrest the perpetrators of the crime.
But ACP David Eklu has said the Police, despite the pressure, will not be pushed into hastily making arrests over the killing of the investigative journalist.
He said the police is following only qualitative leads to bring the culprits to book.
“We are going one by one, eliminating and flagging suspects. Sometimes it’s better you are sure about the quality of information you get rather than rushing to please the media. The way the media wants it, it doesn’t happen in real policing that way. I’ve had over a hundred calls asking me when we are arresting Kennedy Agyapong because the media wants that news while that might even divert attention from what we are actually looking for.”
Responding to whether or not the leader of TigerEye PI, Anas Aremeyaw Anas has been interrogated over his colleague’s death, DSP Eklu said he “can’t tell”.
- We Have No Forensic Artists To Draw Ahmed’s Killers – Police
- Police Arrest 6 Persons In Connection With Ahmed’s Murder
- Ahmed’s Murder: Ignore Kennedy Agyapong’s Ghc100,000 Bounty – Family Tells Ghanaians
- Ahmed’s Murder: Anas Presents ‘Concrete’ Evidence To Police
- SHOCKING: Unedited Version Of Anas’ Expose’ Reveals He Forces Money On People As Gifts And Secretly Films Them – VIDEO
- Anas’ Tiger Eye PI Is A Criminal And Terrorist Organisation – Kwesi Nyantakyi Speaks
- VIDEO: Kennedy Agyapong Exposes Anas With “Who Watches The Watchman” Part 2
- I Don’t Trust Current IGP Because Anas Vetted And Appointed Him – Kennedy Agyapong Alleges
- Kennedy Agyapong Promises To Gift GHS100,000 To Anyone Having Information About Ahmed’s Killers
- 6 stunning facts about Anas’ murdered partner, Ahmed Suale you never knew
- Kwesi Nyantakyi ‘hot’ over Anas’ key partner, Ahmed’s death
- PHOTOS: Anas’ murdered key partner, Ahmed Suale laid to rest
- Five times cocaine got missing in Ghana
- How ‘Anas’ cover was allegedly blown in TseAdo land-guards operation
- What ‘Anas’ said in trending video
- Kennedy Agyapong vindicated about Anas?
- Ahmed Suale’s death stalled Nyantakyi’s corruption case, it will soon be in court – AG assures
- Saddick Adams helped to expose Nyantakyi – Anas recommends him for Reuters programme
- FAKE NEWS: BBC rejects Anas’s proposal to investigate corruption in UK
- Despite Group, two workers of Okay FM apologize to Anas
- Anas pats Starr FM’s Adeti on the back
- Anas exposé: ECOWAS court dismisses 3 ‘corrupt’ judges
- Anas sues Multimedia, 3 staff for defamation
- PHOTO: Police arrests key suspect in the murder of Ahmed Hussein-Suale
- Stop Arresting Weed Smokers And Find Fennec’s Killers – Kwaw Kese Tells Ghana Police
- Anas is an enemy and a Pharisee to Ghana – Chairman Wontumi
- VIDEO: Anas Releases Full Video Of Latest Exposé On Galamsey
- ANAS EXPOSE: Presidential staffer, others fingered in fishy mining deals
- Police Report Reveals Obinim’s ‘Son’ Died Through Reckless Driving
- SAD NEWS: University Of Ghana Student Stabbed Multiple Times To Death On Campus – VIDEO