A suspected killer of undercover journalist, Ahmed Hussein-Suale who was arrested weeks ago has been freed according to checks by MyNewsGh.com.
The suspect who was held in the custody of the Bureau of National Investigations (BNI) was discharged a week ago after it turned out that the family of the deceased could not identify him as the person they saw lurking around the area prior to the death of the journalist.
Police sources also confirmed to MyNewGh.com that there could not link the suspect to the incident after weeks of investigations and therefore had to let him go though he reports to them regularly to assist in their investigations.
The said suspect whose identity is still under wraps, a fortnight ago was reported to have been arrested with the collaboration of controversial lawmaker for Assin Central, Kennedy Agyapong and some land guards.
Brong Ahafo Regional First Vice Chairman of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Kwame Baffoe alias Abronye DC made the revelation when on NET 2 Television accusing the police of releasing another suspect who has since been rearrested.
“Are you aware that the police patrol team arrested one of the suspects in connection with the death of Ahmed Suale? When they took him to the Kotobabi police station he was released within 30 minutes in collusion with some officers. The one who pulled the trigger is currently in BNI cells. I am daring them to come out and deny it”, he revealed.
According to him, the one who was released works with ace investigative journalist, Anas Aremeyaw Anas calling for investigations into how he could be released on bail when he is linked to the murder.
- Have Ghanaian journalists forgotten about Ahmed Hussein-Suale so soon?
- This Is Why Anas Employed The Late Ahmed Hussein-Suale
- We did our best to protect Ahmed – Family reveals
- Killers of Anas’ key partner, Ahmed identified – MP reveals
- AHMED’S MURDER: Ghanaians call for Anas’ head over the death of his key partner, Ahmed Suale
- Murdered Ahmed left behind 2 wives and 8 children
- AHMED’S MURDER: The Police shouldn’t consider Kennedy Agyapong as the prime suspect – Lawyer Afenyo Markin defends
- AHMED’S MURDER: John Jerry Rawlings blames Kennedy Agyapong
- Anas fingered in Tiger Eye PI partner’s killing
- VIDEO: Ghanaians call for the arrest of Kennedy Agyapong 0ver Anas’ partner’s death
- VIDEO: Anas reacts to Ahmed’s assassination at Madina
- 6 Celebs who ‘killed’ their friends