Unity they say is strength, a saying which is amplified by how a broom is difficult to break when together but easily broken when they’re singled out. Similarly to Tenontaaba, an expression in Talensi which spells out how the teeth and tongue quarrel occasionally but come together to achieve a common goal.
Perhaps “The Taste of Afrika”, a movement to unite African musicians to compete the world, got its inspiration from the above-mentioned expressions portraying the ultimate significance of the virtue called unity.
Regardless, our geopolitical divisions as Africans happen to be artificial and have remained the greatest barrier to development on the continent, however, our music unification is something commendable. The main reason why “The Taste of Afrika” seeks to ride on music to bring ultimate development in unity across the continent.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
So, “The Taste of Afrika” which is championed by Boundaryless Media (Tengol K. Kplemani) and Vic Law Production (Dr. Victor Lawton), is resolved to exploit African music by bringing together acts from different countries to tour around the continent.
As it stands, the participating countries are Ghana, Burkina Faso, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Guinea, Gabon, Ethiopia, Gambia, Senegal, Cote D’Ivoire, Uganda, Mali, Kenya and Nigeria. Consequently, “The Taste of Afrika” will bring on board musicians from the above-mentioned countries to stage different concerts in a chosen country at a time.
The official launch of “The Taste of Afrika” is slated for July 17, 2019, at an adaptive venue yet to be communicated by Ghana Tourism Authority and we’ll keep you updated before the official launch of the African music movement of the moment, “The Taste of Afrika”.
For more information especially sponsorship or partnership, call +233266108852.
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Now Sell Bread
- Ex-Sports Minister details how Ghana used ‘juju’ to beat Egypt 6-1 in 2013
- Ghana fail to beat Benin in AFCON opener
- Return home if you have no business in Ghana – Nigerian union to colleagues
- Kwesi Appiah announces final 23-man squad for AFCON
- Black Stars lose to Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly
- Ghana to play Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly on Sunday
- Black Stars held their first training in Dubai
- Asamoah Gyan quits international football
- Lucy Quist resigns from Normalisation Committee post
- 5 in 10; the journey so far
- Dortmund appoint Otto Addo as assistant coach
- Black Stars to hold training camp in Abu Dhabi
- Kwesi Appiah assesses Ghana’s chances
- Trabzonspor to open negotiations with Leeds over Ekuban
- Badu rules himself out of AFCON 2019
- Partey committed to Atletico Madrid amidst transfer rumours
- Schlupp delighted with win over Newcastle
- Ghana’s two angels: An insult to their congregations
- SECURITY ALERT: Prophet Stephen Kwadwo Adom – a threat to public safety
- CUSTOMER CARE: Is Opportunity International Savings and Loans next to Midlands?
- Death and the politics of tribute in Ghana: Focusing on the Akan
- Honourable but not honest
- Did Dr. Otabil Indeed Play No Role In the Collapse of Capital Bank?
- Menzgold – Joy News’ Laughable So Called Visit to Menzgold’s London Office
- MENZGOLD: Aurum Utalium vs September 28
- Indefinite Postponement of Terminal 3 commissioning: We must fly above petty politics – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Ghanaian women retarding feminism and gender equality
- Menzgold: Investors may die if they go to ‘Nogokpo’
- Menzgold: Why latest release confirms company isn’t coming back