The Egyptian Embassy to Ghana has confirmed its readiness to assist Ghanaian fans with ticketing, internal flights and accommodation ahead of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON).
The Embassy said this “comprehensive package” is aimed at ensuring that travel is made easy for Ghanaians who want to witness the tournament.
Egypt were announced as hosts of the 32nd edition of the tournament after Cameroon were stripped off the hosting rights.
The continental showpiece, which has been expanded to 24 teams, is scheduled for June 21 to July 19.
The Egyptian Ambassador to Ghana, H.E Emad Magdy Hanna, said they want many Ghanaian football fans to get the opportunity to travel and support the Black Stars during the tournament.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
He made the statement when the Youth and Sports Minister, Isaac Asiamah paid him a visit at his residency.
The Ambassador said the Egypt Embassy is ready to support the Sports Ministry to develop and promote sports and further enhance other socio-economic activities between the two countries.
The Embassy is expected to collaborate with Egypt Air to support Ghanaian fans with ticketing, internal flights and accommodation ahead of the tournament.
The Black Stars are aiming for a first AFCON trophy in 37 years, having last won the tournament in 1982.
- English Premier League Betting Guide – Tips & Advice
- Special Competition: Karela United Whip Hearts Of Oak
- Special Competition: Eleven Wonders 0-3 Asante Kotoko – Porcupine Warriors return to winning ways
- AFCON 2019: Egyptian Embassy To Assist Ghanaian Fans Ahead Of Tournament
- Atletico Madrid places €80 million as Thomas Partey’s price tag
- I won’t naturalize for Russia – Kadri Mohammed pledges his allegiance to Ghana
- Barca coach disappointed in Kevin Boateng’s attitude to training
- Ghana can win 2019 AFCON without me – Gyan
- Bring back Muntari, KP Boateng – Alhaji Grusah
- Real Madrid consider shock move for Thomas Partey
- Sheep disrupt Liberty Prof. vrs Dwarfs game
- Inter star Kwadwo Asamoah delighted by ‘important’ win against Genoa
- Special Competition matchday 2 wrap: Sharks shoot down Hearts as Liberty humiliate Dwarfs
- Ghana moves three places up in latest FIFA rankings
- Team Dogboe cautions US Embassy
- Evans Mensah climbs from bench to grab brace as HJK Helsinki start Finnish League with victory
- Ghana defender Nicholas Opoku impresses as Udinese hold AC Milan in serie A
- Majeed Waris recovers from injury, travels with Nantes side to face PSG in French Cup
- Columbus Crew ace Harrison Afful suffers broken jawn 100th MLS cap; ruled out for SIX weeks
- Black Queens captain Elizabeth Addo elated after joining Chinese side Jiangsu Suning
- Man United target Thomas Partey features as Atletico Madrid close gap on Barcelona in La Liga
- KP Boateng will leave Barcelona at the end of the season
- Andre Ayew determined to win AFCON title
- Anthony Annan neglects kids; wife cries for help
- Black Stars Denied Hotel Access
- CAF CONFEDERATION CUP: Kotoko Fall To Zesco; Eliminated In Group Stage
- Asamoah Named As Manager of Schalke 04
- FIFA Approves A New 24 Team Club World Cup
- UEFA Champions League quarter-final draw: Manchester City face Tottenham, Barclelona play Man United
- Hearts of Oak CEO Mark Noonan resigns