Ghana winger Albert Adomah secured promotion to the English Premier League with Aston Villa in their 2-1 win over Derby County in the Championship playoff finals at the Wembley Stadium.
Villa returns to the Premier League after three years in the Championship.
Aston Villa broke the deadlock through Anwar El Ghazi in the 44th minute.
Dean Smith’s men kept on pushing until they got a second goal through John McGinn in the 59th minute.
Derby County pulled a goal back through substitute Martyn Waghorn in the 89th minute.
Adomah was replaced in the 73 rd minute by Andre Green.
The 31-year-old played 39 games and scored four times for Aston Villa in the Championship.
- Adomah’s goal secures Aston Villa a Championship playoff spot
- English Premier League Betting Guide – Tips & Advice
- Liverpool win sixth UEFA Champions League
- Hazard expects Chelsea exit to be announced soon
- Kompany announces Manchester City exit
- Lichtsteiner is set to leave Arsenal after Europa League Final
- It makes it very hard for me to have respect Maurizio Sarri- Gary Cahill reveals
- Luiz pens new deal at Chelsea
- Relegated Premier League club Huddersfield Town set to be sold
- Atsu on target for Newcastle against Liverpool
- Bailly ruled out of AFCON
- Adebayor talks about Arsenal’s challenges
- Herrera to join PSG next season
- Lukaku dreams to play in Italy
- Guardiola debunks Mahrez exit rumours
- Historic: Long scores fastest goal in English Premier League
- Giroud to stay at Chelsea
- Salah named one of the world’s most influential people by Time magazine
- Solskjaer set to make tough decisions on Manchester United squad
- Benayoun announces his retirement
- Schlupp delighted with win over Newcastle
- Albert Adomah’s brace powers Aston Villa to victory
- Leicester City appoint Brendan Rodgers as new manager
- English Premier League: Liverpool taste first defeat away to Manchester City; Citizens back in title race
- English Premier League: Wolves stun Spurs to dent their title hopes
- Boxing Day English Premier League Wrap: Manchester City’s woes continues as Liverpool go six points clear at the top