In a lay it all down interview on Home Affairs on Joy FM, on Saturday, wife of the actor revealed, a year after their marriage, she had stopped the actor from going on screens for three years.
Mrs Elom Anang told Edem Knight-Tey, host of the show, “It was in 2008 thereabout. I felt like I did not know him so well and was afraid he was just going to land into a mess. I started telling him how unhappy I was about some of the things he was doing.”
According to her, Adjetey Anang had gotten employed at a packaging company after quitting acting.
Although the actor had drawn numerous businesses for the venture, she explained they were not fulfilling the terms and conditions elaborated in the contract.
The struggles of leaving home at 5 am and coming back at 10 pm was also taking a toll on the vibrant actor’s personality.
“He became a shadow of himself and won’t talk to me. I realised that he was not really cut out for that kind of work,” Elorm explained.
She told the host it dawned on her she could not halt her man from pursuing his passions in a career he loved and excelled at.
He is a fantastic actor with lots of potentials, she admitted.
“I told myself to let him go and if anything happens bad enough to crack our marriage then it wasn’t meant to be.”
The couple since then have lived together for a decade, although not without their fair share of marital problems.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
Adjetey Anang has gone on to star in hit movies like Potato Potahto, Keteke, Adams Apples, Devil In The Detail, A Sting in a Tale, Yolo, Sugar The Movie and many others.
Detailing how they approach movie scenes, Adjetey Anang revealed they discuss and share information on what is too much to do and what is not.
“We always negotiate when it comes to intimate scenes. There are times where it had gone a little more than I have said and that’s what makes practice very difficult sometimes.
“It has not always been a perfect scenario but for the most part, it’s been making sure we not only negotiate but hold myself to the things I have promised,” he stated.
Mrs Elom Anang added, she has grown to trust him to make the best choices and also to discuss with him anything that makes things uncomfortable in their marriage.
She said, “If I see him in certain seemingly intimate scenes with some people in the industry, I cannot be bothered. Because I know them, I know where they come from and I know their values.”
After being married for 12 years, the couple is set to renew their vows at the 2019 Joy FM Beauty and Bridal Fair.
Watch the interview below
- Adjetey Anang, Jackie Appiah honoured by Ghana Health Service
- Popular Ghanaian celebrities who have not been verified on social media
- Actress Vicky Zugah denies marriage rumours
- My 9-month-old daughter has two endorsement deals – McBrown
- I broke up with David Dontoh because I couldn’t give birth for him – Maame Dokono
- Ladies will go after my man if I disclose his identity – Emelia Brobbey
- Vicky Zugah set to tie the knot On December 28
- It’s better to exchange sex for movie roles – Prince David Osei
- Why Nadia Buari wept at Dumelo’s wedding
- Edey bee k3k3’ actor laments ‘blacklist’ after support for Mahama in 2016
- Efia Odo slams critics after her 4Syte MVAs red carpet look went viral
- Rev Owusu Bempah donates Gh5000 to Psalm Adjetefio
- We are not taking over the jobs of TV Presenters and musicians – Emelia Brobbey
- It’s not okay for a man to go down on his knees to propose to a lady – Pete Edochie
- Did Vivian Jill Secretly Get Married In this New Photo?
- Psalm Adjetefio appeals for funds to undergo heart surgery
- Fans putting too much pressure on us – Belinda Dzattah
- Prioritise protection of Atewa Forest – American actor
- We made black comedy what it is today – Steve Harvey
- I might move into politics – Rahim Banda
- Begging Nana Ama Mcbrown doesn’t mean I lied about what she did – Rosemond Brown
- A Plus is right; NPP is a violent and an intolerant party – Lydia Forson
- Some Hollywood movies ‘rubbish’ – Yvonne Okoro
- I won’t put my nudes on social media – Martha Ankomah
- I’m not a Christan and I don’t use the Bible – Efia Odo
- Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ disqualified from Oscar race
- Mmebusem will go blind and die for ridiculing Jesus – Prophet
- NDC and NPP same, I’m sad to be a Ghanaian – Yvonne Nelson
- Yvonne Nelson premieres ‘Fix Us’ on December 6
- I’m not financially ready to marry – Actor