Former Arsenal forward Emmanuel Adebayor has opened up on his fall out with former team-mates Robin van Persie and Nicklas Bendtner as well as the challenges at the London-based club.
Adebayor joined Arsenal from Monaco for a reported £3 million in 2006.
The 35-year-old who currently plays for İstanbul Başakşehir in the Turkish Süper Lig lifted the lid on the Gunners decline over the period and indicated he won’t be shocked if forwards Lacazette or Aubameyang leaves in the summer.
‘’It reached a time where you would go on holiday and be checking the Daily Mail website to see who is close to leaving for Barcelona or Milan’’
‘’Dropping one by one until Arsenal are what they are today. I would not be surprised if Lacazette or Aubameyang leave in the summer. ‘’
‘’Nothing surprises me anymore with that club.’’ Adebayor admitted.
Adebayor enjoyed a successful spell at Arsenal before joining Manchester City for a transfer fee believed to be in the region of £25 million in 2009.
The Togo international admitted to not getting along with strike partners Van Persie and Bendtner during his Arsenal days.
‘’Why would I come to an interview, lie to people and say Van Persie is my best friend? He has his character and I have mine. There was tension,’’
‘I’m a free guy, I come to every club, walk into the changing room and sing. I danced with Thierry Henry and had huge respect for Denis Bergkamp.’’
‘’But at Arsenal, when you walk into the dressing room, there is a shoe rack. You take off your trainers and wear the club sandals into the dressing room. Bendtner walked in with his own shoes twice.
‘’I said,”Bendtner, there is a law here and nobody is above it.” He was younger than me and barely playing. We are bigger than you but nobody else walks in with Prada, Gucci.’’
‘’He said “I don’t care”. I said “Don’t do it again”. The next day, he did the same and we jumped into a fight.’’ He told Sportsmail.
Adebayor made about 132 appearances and scored 55 goals for Arsenal in all competitions.
- Lichtsteiner is set to leave Arsenal after Europa League Final
- Boxing Day English Premier League Wrap: Manchester City’s woes continues as Liverpool go six points clear at the top
- English Premier League Betting Guide – Tips & Advice
- Liverpool win sixth UEFA Champions League
- Hazard expects Chelsea exit to be announced soon
- Chelsea beat Arsenal to lift Europa League trophy
- Adomah secures Premier League promotion with Aston Villa
- Kompany announces Manchester City exit
- It makes it very hard for me to have respect Maurizio Sarri- Gary Cahill reveals
- Luiz pens new deal at Chelsea
- Relegated Premier League club Huddersfield Town set to be sold
- Atsu on target for Newcastle against Liverpool
- Bailly ruled out of AFCON
- Herrera to join PSG next season
- Lukaku dreams to play in Italy
- Guardiola debunks Mahrez exit rumours
- Historic: Long scores fastest goal in English Premier League
- Giroud to stay at Chelsea
- Salah named one of the world’s most influential people by Time magazine
- Ghanaian prospect Eddie Nketiah hits brace for Arsenal U23 side
- Solskjaer set to make tough decisions on Manchester United squad
- Benayoun announces his retirement
- Ghanaian-born Eddie Nketiah makes Arsenal squad for Europa League clash against Napoli
- Schlupp delighted with win over Newcastle
- Ghanaian Footballer, Emmanuel Frimpong Retires From Football
- PHOTOS: Serwaa Amihere Releases Stunning Photos To Celebrate Her 29th Birthday
- Leicester City appoint Brendan Rodgers as new manager
- Abou Diaby Announces Retirement From Football
- ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE: Sergio Aguero Hat Trick Sinks Arsenal
- Release my sex tape with Adebayor for $100,000 – Yvonne Okoro dares Bloggers