When actress Vicky Zugah posted a picture of herself and an unknown man on social media with the caption ‘Save The Date’ with a December 28 date, she did not know the excitement it would cause among her family and friends who have been yearning for such news from her.
The picture quickly went viral with some online portals picking it up and colleagues, friends and family members congratulating Vicky for finally taking that bold step.
However, in an interview with Graphic Showbiz, Vicky Zugah said although she accepted the goodwill messages in good faith she was not getting married.
“I got so many congratulatory messages when I posted the picture but I am sorry to disappoint you that I am not getting married. The picture is a movie poster I posted a week ago,” she said.
Vicky disclosed that some of her relatives and friends were disappointed in her when they saw the picture on social media.
“I had some family members and friends calling to tell me how disappointed they were to hear on social media that I was getting married. I had to explain to them that it was a movie and I am still explaining myself to some more individuals about the poster,” she stated.
Vicky told Graphic Showbiz that at the right time she will marry. “Marriage is a big responsibility and you need to be ready for it. For now, I am single but hey when the man comes and is the one, I won’t waste time at all to settle down with him,” she said.
Vicky Zugah has featured in movies such as King Without Culture, Inner Woman, Oyaw No, Agatha, Act of Shame among others.
She is planning to set up her own production house and produce movies. “With my own production house I believe I can help other young talents who want to go into acting,” she said.
- My 9-month-old daughter has two endorsement deals – McBrown
- I broke up with David Dontoh because I couldn’t give birth for him – Maame Dokono
- Ladies will go after my man if I disclose his identity – Emelia Brobbey
- Vicky Zugah set to tie the knot On December 28
- It’s better to exchange sex for movie roles – Prince David Osei
- Why Nadia Buari wept at Dumelo’s wedding
- Edey bee k3k3’ actor laments ‘blacklist’ after support for Mahama in 2016
- Efia Odo slams critics after her 4Syte MVAs red carpet look went viral
- Rev Owusu Bempah donates Gh5000 to Psalm Adjetefio
- We are not taking over the jobs of TV Presenters and musicians – Emelia Brobbey
- It’s not okay for a man to go down on his knees to propose to a lady – Pete Edochie
- Did Vivian Jill Secretly Get Married In this New Photo?
- Psalm Adjetefio appeals for funds to undergo heart surgery
- Fans putting too much pressure on us – Belinda Dzattah
- Prioritise protection of Atewa Forest – American actor
- We made black comedy what it is today – Steve Harvey
- I might move into politics – Rahim Banda
- Begging Nana Ama Mcbrown doesn’t mean I lied about what she did – Rosemond Brown
- A Plus is right; NPP is a violent and an intolerant party – Lydia Forson
- Some Hollywood movies ‘rubbish’ – Yvonne Okoro
- I won’t put my nudes on social media – Martha Ankomah
- I’m not a Christan and I don’t use the Bible – Efia Odo
- Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ disqualified from Oscar race
- Mmebusem will go blind and die for ridiculing Jesus – Prophet
- NDC and NPP same, I’m sad to be a Ghanaian – Yvonne Nelson
- Yvonne Nelson premieres ‘Fix Us’ on December 6
- I’m not financially ready to marry – Actor
- Ghanaians too quick to judge – Victoria Lebene
- Popular Ghanaian celebrities who have not been verified on social media
- I’ve frolicked with lesbians before – Actress Shugatiti confesses