Fathers’ Day is a day designated annually to celebrate the efforts of fathers and show appreciations for all what they do in our lives. However, for some people, the day is a sad day as they are reminded by other fathers who are celebrated by their children of the death of their children.
In this article, ella4sam takes a look at some of the Ghanaian Celebrities who have lost their kids painfully to death and remember them in our prayers today as we celebrate Fathers’ Day.
On April 2009, the founder and the General Overseer of the Fountain Gate Chapel, Eastwood Anaba, was hit with a tragic situation as the renowned evangelist lost two of his kids to a gruesome motor accident. The two daughters named Amanda Eastwood Anaba and Audrey Eastwood Anaba, together with two other church members (Benjamin Bulmuo Jnr and Clara Kadjani) of the Fountain Gate Chapel lost their lives on their way from Tamale to Bolgatanga to attend the church’s annual Easter Convention dubbed International Extra Oil Conference.
Briefly after the death of Eastwood Anaba’s daughters’, the church ahead of the funeral which was scheduled on April 26th,2009 organized a thanksgiving service titled, “Glory Night” where all the deceased were celebrated.
The funeral of the four was a solemn and a memorable one as dignitaries from government officials to the clergy graced the day. In attendance at the funeral was the then majority leader in parliament, Honorable Alban Bagbin who led a government delegation to present an amount of GHS1000, four bags of rice and six creates of beverages to the bereaved family. Apostle Sam Korankye Ankrah and Rev Tackie Yaboi were also present.
Prophet Badu Kobi
General Overseer and Founder of the of Glorious Wave Ministry, Prophet Badu Kobi in the year 2017 lost his 19-year-old son, Daniel Kenneth Badu Kobi after he suffered a severe but short illness. Daniel Kenneth Badu Kobi was a student of the Asheshi University. According to Prophet Badu Kobi, the death of his son is a test of his faith in God, a test he was not going to fail. Daniel Badu Kobi was buried in the premises of his father’s church.
Although the actual cause of death is unknown, there are rumours and speculations the man of God allegedly sacrificed his son for fame and church growth. He has however debunked such claims. Maybe it’s time we start reading meanings into the deaths of people related to pastors. Relatives of pastors are not immortal and as such we should not find other causes of their deaths.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
Kojo Pitcher is the Canadian husband of Ghanaian actress, director and author Kafui Danku. The story of Kojo Pitcher is an unfortunate one as the author had lost three children through miscarriages. Fortunately for him, God had blessed him with other children, a son and a daughter.
Rev Kwaku Agyei Antwi popularly known as Rev Obofour, is the founder and general overseer of the Anointed Palace Chapel. He is one of the few Ghanaian celebrities who have had to live with the loss of their children although the man of God had never mentioned he had lost his first set of children and wife.
A former friend to the televangelist revealed that the famous pastor had lost two sons of his together with his first wife. Although the cause of the death of his children is not known, their departure had been described as mysterious. According to Prophet Benjamin Opoku Agyemang, known as Arch Prophet, Rev Obofour had two sons with his first wife Rita, however, the sons died mysteriously. The Arch Prophet described the mysterious deaths of the sons of Rev. Obofour as “a ritual sacrifice offered by Rev. Obofour for church growth”. These claims have been described as false by many and at least one person is serving a jail term for such accusation.
To wipe their tears, Rev. Obofour and wife have been blessed with a beautiful set of triplets. Congratulations to them.
Famous Kumawood actor is one of the celebrities in Ghana who would be mourning today instead of celebrating fatherhood. The actor lost his six months old daughter to a drug overdose. The daughter who was affectionately called Blessing Osei Fremah became very ill and had an allergic reaction to a drug she was prescribed to take.
She was rushed to the hospital after guardians realized she was sick; however, she could not be saved. According to Wayoosi, her daughter died because a hospital whose name he withheld prescribed a wrong medicine for her daughter, which eventually led to her death.
Happy Fathers’ Day to all above-mentioned fathers, and Happy Fathers’ Day too all all my male reading this and the fathers of all my readers. It’s my prayer that God grant you all long life and prosperity as your dreams become realities. If you believe, type AMEN in the comment box below.
- List of popular persons Rev. Obofour has gifted cars
- Ghanaian celebrities who went through hell before getting a child
- Ghanaian celebrities who got into trouble because of their cars
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Inspire People By Helping Those In Need
- Ghanaian celebrities who married or dated foreigners
- Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by fake news
- Ghanaian celebrities who have publicly shown displeasure for Akufo Addo’s governance
- Ghanaian celebrities with kids from different partners
- 7 Ghanaian celebrities who saw death but refused to succumb to it
- Ghanaian pastors who have given atheists reasons to mock Christians
- Celebrity Baby Bumps That Will Make You Feel Like Getting Pregnant Immediately
- 5 Reasons why Ghanaians can’t stop loving Rev. Obofuor despite controversies
- 7 Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by death hoaxes
- Popular Pastors who have publicly shown displeasure towards Akufo-Addo’s governance
- Mastermind: How Rev. Obofuor Tactically Silenced Kennedy Agyapong
- If Rev. Obofuor’s son was the one behaving like Duncan-Williams’ son, the narrative would have been different
- How ‘Apraku My Daughter’s’ death has exposed Rev. Obofuor
- Why I blame Reverend Obofour for the death of Apraku My Daughter
- Rev. Obofour invokes generational curse on the editor who doctored his blasphemous viral footage
- Blast Rev. Obofour More Until He Delivers You From Idol Worship To Christianity – Nana Konadu Berima Tweneboa Kodua To Nana Agradaa
- ‘I was in the spiritual realm’ – Rev. Obofour tells Police
- Pressure mounts on IGP to arrest Rev Obofour over ‘wee’ miracle
- First wife, two children of Rev. Obofour died mysteriously – Reports
- Wayoosi reveals the number of bottles of alcohol he takes in a day
- Rev Obofour was a fetish priest at Mamponteng – Nana Agradaa
- Rev. Obofour shows crazy moves in church with Kwaw Kese’s ‘Dondo’ song
- I Want To Buy Jets, Helicopter, Yacht – Prophet Badu Kobi
- Stonebwoy and Blakk Cedi spotted at Rev Obofour’s wife birthday party
- I’ll contract women to beat you – Kennedy Agyapong tells Badu Kobi
- Daily Graphic journalist harassed and arrested over Badu Kobi