There are great, amazing, and talented personalities in Ghana, but most of them are based in Accra to pursue their career and build upon their success in the industry.
Celebrities in Ghana, mostly move from their primary area of residence to Accra, to permanently stay and work on their profession.
There are some actors, actresses, and musicians, who are known to be daughters and sons of Kumasi in the Ashanti Region but have now settled in Accra permanently after the limelight and breakthrough in the entertainment industry.
Some Ghanaian celebrities are from the Ashanti region but have switched to Accra after they became famous in the industry. This is a longstanding belief that if you really want to make it big in the entertainment sector, you have to be in Accra. All the major events in the country take place in Accra because the city houses all the big venues for comedy, concerts, movie premieres and others.
In the rest of the article, we will take a look at some of the Ghanaian celebrities who were based in Kumasi but had to relocate to Accra because of showbiz.
Here is a list of some celebrities that switched from Kumasi to Accra.
Ghanaian singer and songwriter, Rebecca Akosua Acheampomaa Acheampong, who is known in showbiz as Becca, began her music career in Kumasi but permanently switched to Accra, after she gained recognition.
She started building on her career as a musician in Kumasi before she was chosen to be part of Mentor Music contestants on TV3 but moved to Accra following controversies that spiked up after her selection. She utilised the Mentor controversies to draw more attention to herself and her music.
Becca lived in Accra until she married and moved to stay with her husband in Nigeria.
George Kwabena Adu, Ghanaian musician, guitarist, and an accomplished draftsman who is well known in showbiz as Kwabena Kwabena also relocated to Accra following his song dubbed Aso, with Kontihene.
His music is one of the best in the industry. However, his musical friendship with Kontihene has hit the rock as the two have been fighting each other for years now. Recently, there were drug addict allegations raised by Kontihene against Kwabena Kwabena.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
Ghanaian highlife musician, Kofi Boakye Yiadom, with stage name Kofi B, released one of his hit songs dubbed “Mmobrowa” in Kumasi and later relocated to Accra for more branding and release of great and massive songs for his fans. He lived in Accra before kicking the bucket in 2020.
Ghanaian Rapper Reggie Rockstone though is an Asante, uplifted his music career in Greater Accra Region. He was born in the United Kingdom and he lived his childhood life in Kumasi. It is believed that Reggie stayed in Ahinsan.
Emmanuel Andrews Sammini, who is known in showbiz as Samini, is known a northerner but spent some years of his life in Kumasi before he became popular in the music industry.
He shifted from Kumasi to Accra to work hard on his music career and since then, released hits songs for his fans. He is now a DC boy because he lived in Dansoman since he relocated to Accra.
Ghanaian Rap Doctor, Kwame Nsiah-Apau, is a well-known Kumasi boy, who started his music life and lived in Kumasi for some time but relocated to Accra to build on his success which he did. He is now recognized as one of the best musicians in the capital. Okyeame Kwame once narrated how KOD assisted him when he made a decision to move to Accra to promote his songs.
Okyeame Quophi was a member of Akyeame, a duet he formed with Okyeame Kwame. Though Okyeame Quophi is no longer a recording artiste, he’s in Accra and working in the media for many years now.
Radio personality and DJ Andy Dosty started working in Kumasi for many years before moving to Accra. He is one of the biggest export of Kumasi to Accra and making his countrymen proud. He has promoted several Kumasi-based musicians on his show on Hitz FM.
Nana Ama McBrown
The actress started her movie career in Kumasi. Nana Ama McBrown spent greater part of her life in Kwadaso, Kumasi. She lived right on the Sunyani road. Though she owns houses in Kumasi, she lives in Accra and has all her businesses and TV shows in Accra.
- Ghanaian secular musicians who used to sing in the Church before going commercial
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own a G- Wagon
- Top 5 most influential Ghanaian celebrities who have kept clean sheets throughout their career despite criticisms
- PHOTOS: 5 Ghanaian Celebrities Who Have Lost Weight Overnight
- Ghanaian celebrities who have never been in the news for the wrong reason
- Successful Ghanaian Celebrities Who Everyone Doubted from Their Beginnings
- Ghanaian celebrities who make you proud as a Ghanaian
- PHOTOS: Female Ghanaian celebrities who make short hair beautiful
- Ghanaian celebrities who are multi-talented that you probably didn’t know
- 8 Top Ghanaian Celebrities people think are using their ‘football’ age
- Ghanaian celebrities with kids from different partners
- Ghanaian celebrities who have struggled with infertility
- 7 Ghanaian celebrities who saw death but refused to succumb to it
- Ghanaian celebrities who love farming
- These Ghanaian celebrities show us how small things can help COVID-19 relief efforts in big ways
- Before And After Photos Of Ghanaian celebrities Whose Weight Loss Will Shock You
- Father’s Day: Young Ghanaian Celebrities who are fathers (+ Heartwarming Photos)
- Celebrity Baby Bumps That Will Make You Feel Like Getting Pregnant Immediately
- Ghanaian celebrities who dated sugar mummies
- Ghanaian celebrities who went through hell before getting a child
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Had Babies 6 Months After Marriage
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Married In 2018 – PHOTOS
- Ghanaian female celebrities using their star power to launch businesses
- INSPIRING PHOTOS: Ghanaian celebrities who show us how they get fit
- Ghanaian celebrities who have the heart for advocacies
- Ghanaian families with the most celebrities
- Ghanaian celebrities who have made us proud overseas
- WILD PHOTOS: Ghanaian celebrities obsessed with cars
- Ghanaian celebrities and their brands that Ghanaians actually love
- Top celebrities Ghanaians have lost to Nigeria