Ghanaians have over the years wondered if many of the celebrities in the country are really using their real ages or what they have on the record are just their ‘football’ ages as one may put it. The case of Sista Afia turning 25 just days ago brought back this debate, with many stating that the musician looks way older than 25 years. Zionfelix.net has therefore, decided to take a look at some of the names which have been banged around over time as we present to you a list of the top Ghanaian celebrities who people (doubting Thomases) perceive to look way older than their age.
1. Clara Benson(19 years)
Kumawood actress Clara Benson, popularly known by her screen name, Maame Serwaa is believed to be one of the richest actresses in the Kumawood movie industry. She recently celebrated her 19th birthday and the mere mention of her age raises many eyebrows. Many, including controversial Delay, have questioned how a 19-year-old will be that endowed as she is physically.
2. Nana Ama McBrown (44 Years)
The popular Kumawood star and arguably one of Ghana’s greatest stars to have ever graced the TV screens is also accused by many to be going by a football age. It was until she recently celebrated her 44th Birthday that people got word of her age and many have stated that she has been in the industry far too long to be the age she says she is. She is married to Maxwell Mensah.
3. Sista Afia (25 years)
The Singer, songwriter and music producer’s age of 25 has also been a bone of contention be many. Social media users have wondered how with all her ‘goodies’ she claims to be 25. Sista Afia has however answered such people stating that their accusations are ‘dumb’.
4. Shatta Michy (25 years)
The ‘Cheating’ singer on her birthday announced that she is 25 years and that caused a lot of confusion on social media. Social media users who saw her age on Instagram said the age had been tampered with and to them, they believe Shatta Michy is older than 25.
5. John Dumelo (34 years)
John Dumelo is a Ghanaian actor who was born on 3 February 1984. He has played a lot of major roles and some of the great movies watched in Ghana. He is also an NDC fanatic and currently heavily invested in agriculture. Many Social media users believe the handsome J Melo is in his 40’s and not 34. He recently got married to Gifty Mawunyo and they have one baby.
6. Fella Makafui (22 years)
Medikal’s current sweetheart is also alleged to have tampered with her age according to many social media users. The question of whether or not she is really 22 years was the main point of discussion when she revealed on her Instagram handle this year that she is 22 when celebrating her birthday. Many of her followers doubted it and clearly pointed it out to her. Fella Makafui is a very talented actress and a great entrepreneur.
7. Sarkodie (30 years)
Michael Owusu Addo, known by his stage name Sarkodie, is a Ghanaian hip hop recording artist and entrepreneur whose age is also debated on by many social media users. Many believe that the BET Best International Act – Africa category winner in 2012, born on the 10th July 1988, looks like a man in his middle 30’s and above and not 30.
8. Asamoah Gyan (32 years)
Ghanaians and more especially sports journalists have accused the Black stars skipper of age cheating. It has been alleged by many that the footballer looks to be in his 40’s instead of his ‘football age’ of 32 years. Asamoah Gyan has over the time debunked these rumors.
- Father’s Day: Young Ghanaian Celebrities who are fathers (+ Heartwarming Photos)
- All the times Ghanaian celebrity fathers showed that baby girls are adorable
- Top 5 most influential Ghanaian celebrities who have kept clean sheets throughout their career despite criticisms
- Ghanaian celebrities who got into trouble because of their cars
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Married In 2018 – PHOTOS
- WILD PHOTOS: Ghanaian celebrities obsessed with cars
- Ghanaian celebrities and their brands that Ghanaians actually love
- Ghanaian celebrities who are multi-talented that you probably didn’t know
- Successful Ghanaian Celebrities Who Everyone Doubted from Their Beginnings
- These Ghanaian celebrities show us how small things can help COVID-19 relief efforts in big ways
- Ghanaian celebrities with foreign accents
- Ghanaian celebrities who make you proud as a Ghanaian
- PHOTOS: 5 Ghanaian Celebrities Who Have Lost Weight Overnight
- Ghanaians who have won prestigious global awards
- 7 Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by death hoaxes
- Ghanaian Female Celebrities Accused of Wearing Hip And Butt Pads
- Ghanaian celebrities who have tested for Coronavirus
- Ghanaian celebrities who dated sugar mummies
- Ghanaians who became celebrities because they married or dated celebrities
- Ghanaian celebrities who went through hell before getting a child
- Coronavirus: Ghanaian Celebrities who were put under mandatory quarantine
- VIDEO: Ghanaian celebrities who drive expensive and luxurious cars
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Had Babies 6 Months After Marriage
- 7 Ghanaian celebrities who saw death but refused to succumb to it
- 5 Most generous Ghanaian celebrities who inspire us with their timely donations
- Ghanaian celebrities who love farming
- Ghanaian female celebrities using their star power to launch businesses
- INSPIRING PHOTOS: Ghanaian celebrities who show us how they get fit
- Ghanaian celebrities who have the heart for advocacies
- These Ghanaian musicians are beefing for real and not for publicity stunt