Death they say is inevitable, a challenge that tells us not to waste time. 2020 has been a year which comes with its own trials and tribulations. Just as any other year, Ghana records a number of deaths among celebrities which throw the country into days of mourning and take over the news headlines.
Some of the celebrity deaths that have shocked Ghanaians include the death of President Atta Mills, singer Ebony Reigns, actress Suzzy Williams, and many others.
The first half of 2020 has seen Ghana morning at least 9 celebrities. The rest of the article takes a look at some known Ghanaians who have passed away in the year so far.
Veteran actor Actress, Beatrice Chinery popularly referred to as ‘Miliky MiCool’ in YOLO TV series, passed away on Wednesday June 10, 2020 at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital.
Miliky MiCool, according to sources died of high blood pressure and other health complications. She died at the age of 54 and left behind two children. She started acting on stage in 1993, the late veteran actress shot to fame from the TV sitcom, Kejetia.
Kojo Annor Wiafe was a Popular radio presenter on Neat FM who died on June 4,2020.
Wiafe who doubled as an MC died at the Nyaho Medical Centre in Accra after a short illness.
Kojo, until his death, was a key member of the Despite Media Group. He was the host on Neat FM late afternoon show ‘Ye Ko Fie’ and a stand-in for Abeiku Santana’s show on Okay FM. Several reports in the media suggest that he died of coronavirus.
Pastor Emmanuel Apraku. popularly known as Apraku My Daughter, also passed away on Tuesday, May 20, 2020. According to a source close to the family, he was found dead in his room. The preacher gained popularity in the late 90s and early 2000s. He was known across the country and had over 25 branches with a huge number of followers. He was the founder and leader of King Jesus Evangelistic Ministry International. Before he died, he appeared in a viral video looking drunk. Many have attributed his death to the embarrassment the trended video brought him.
Bishop Bernard Nyarko
The death of Bishop Bernard Nyarko came as a surprise to most Ghanaians. The Kumasi-based actor became a full-time pastor to spread the word of God. The actor ditched acting for the gospel after he was hit with an unknown illness. The versatile actor gave up the ghost at the Ridge Hospital in Accra on Saturday, May 2, 2020.
Kofi Boakye Yiadom
Kofi Boakye Yiadom, known as Kofi B, was a modern-day highlife musician who stayed true to the rudiments of the highlife genre. The artiste died during the early hours of Sunday, February 2, 2020. Kofi B died as a result of a heart attack while he was in Cape Coast for a show. A doctor who witnessed the final minutes of the highlife artiste said he was restless and vomited a lot.
Edward Kwabi was the Head of the political desk and a broadcast Journalist for TV3. The astute Journalist died on March 2, 2020, at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital. He was unwell since September 2019. He spent several months in the hospital seeking treatment.
In his most recent return to work, Edward was made a producer at TV3 and was not allowed to do any rigorous reporting duties. He was a presidential correspondent during the Mahama administration and secretary of the presidential press corps.
He became part of the team of journalists who got involved in an accident near Tema while covering President Mahama in August 2015.
DJ Amess was the manager of missing musician Castro.
According to reports, he died after a short illness at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital. He was a regular pundit on ATV, Onua FM Top Radio, Adom Entertainment Hall, Kasapa Entertainment, etc. He died on the same day (June 4, 2020) with Kojo Wiafe.
C.K. Bedi a.k.a APC
C.K. Bedi, also known as APC, was a prolific keyboardist who died at 72, the blind keyboardist died on Monday, April 6, 2020.
The veteran instrumentalist was noted for playing for the Yamoah’s Band. He also recorded with a lot of bands.
He was also noted for his works on songs like “Serwaa Akoto”, “Ehye Wo Bo”, and “Odo Midi Ntwen Me” by Yamoah’s Band, Akwasi Ampofo Agyei, and Obuoba J.A Adofo respectively.
Prophet Seth Frimpong
Veteran gospel musician Prophet Seth Frimpong died on Friday, April 24 after a short illness. The prophet had earlier on recovered from an illness he battled for long.
Former General Secretary of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP), Kwadwo Owusu Afriyie, popularly known as Sir John, died of coronavirus on July 1, 2020. He lost his sister and mother to the virus a week before his demise.
He succumbed to complications of the disease while undergoing treatment at the ICU of the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital.
Mr Owusu Afriyie became CEO of the Forestry Commission in March 2018 after being appointed to that position by President Akufo-Addo.
Dr. Richard Kisser
Renowned surgeon at the Trust Hospital in Accra, Dr. Richard Kisser died of coronavirus on Thursday, July 2, 2020.
The veteran highlife performer died on June 15.
Nana Tuffour, the “Odo Kakra, Sika Kakra” hitmaker, 66, died at home in the early hours of Monday after a short illness and his body has been deposited at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital Mortuary, according to his family.
- 5 Ghanaian Celebrities who are alive but some people think they are dead
- Ghanaian celebrities who are multi-talented that you probably didn’t know
- Ghanaian celebrities who will retweet when you tweet at them
- Top Ghanaian celebrities who found love beyond our borders
- BE INSPIRED: Rich Ghanaian celebrities who grew up in the ghetto
- Ghanaian celebrities who have struggled with infertility
- Agradaa is dead
- Ghanaian celebrities in long-distance relationships
- Ghanaian celebrities with royal blood that you probably didn’t know
- Ghanaian celebrities who have hit rock bottom
- Ghanaian celebrities who married into high society
- Corona Babies: List of Ghanaian celebrities who have given birth in 2020
- Ghanaian celebrities who love dogs
- Female Ghanaian celebrities who make haircut looks so cute
- Ghanaian musicians using their real names as stage names
- HILARIOUS: All the times Ghanaian celebrities ‘murdered’ the English language
- PHOTOS: Female Ghanaian celebrities who make short hair beautiful
- All the times Ghanaian celebrity fathers showed that baby girls are adorable
- Ghanaian celebrities you didn’t know are Muslims
- Top celebrities Ghanaians have lost to Nigeria
- Ghanaian celebrities who are building brands around their body parts
- Ghanaians who have won prestigious global awards
- Ghanaian celebrities and their brands that Ghanaians actually love
- Ghanaian celebrities who make you proud as a Ghanaian
- 30 Photos of GMB 2020 co-host Anita Akuffo that are causing stir online
- Ghanaian celebrities who got into trouble because of their cars
- Musicians who make being a Ghanaian very honourable
- Ghanaian musicians who dropped their career and are better off as entrepreneurs
- 4 Richest young celebrities in Ghana
- Ghanaian celebrities with foreign accents