No year has gone by that tragedies involving celebrities do not befall Ghanaians. Celebrities like Ebony Reigns, Suzy Williams, Bob Santo, Bishop Nyarko and many others lost their lives while at their peak. But there are some Ghanaian celebrities who got to the point of death but stayed strong and refused to succumb to it.
The rest of the article discusses some of these celebrities and how they went closer to death, looked at death in the eye and said no, not today.
Wayoosi has starred in numerous local movies and he is mostly made to play hilarious scenes. He can be said to be a Ghanaian equivalent of Aki and Pawpaw. He has starred in movies like “Agyeman”, “Kumasi Yonko”,” Matriki wo” and Many more. In 2016, the actor was rumoured to have died and before the circulation of that particular rumour, it was rumoured that his legs were amputated. In fact, Ghanaians woke up daily to death hoaxes killing the actor.
Narrating his ordeal and what led to his sickness, the actor revealed that he travelled to MC a friend’s wedding at Kasoa even though he was not well. At the event, the actor revealed that he started urinating blood at the event but his wife assured him that he would be well by close of the event. After the event, the actor was rushed to True Vine Hospital where he was referred to Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital because he lacked blood. He added that he went off for three days after he reached the emergency of Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital in the Garden City.
Kumasi-based radio station Kessben FM announced that he had died. This is probably because of what their sources at the Hospital might have told them. Wayoosi’s health condition was very critical that the then-President of Ghana John Mahama had to express concern. He paid his bills and urged doctors to do their best.
Ace gospel musician Yaw Sarpong is one of those Ghanaian Celebrities who have been able to look at death square in the face and say, “hell no, it’s not yet my time”. The gospel artist was sick for two years consecutively and was compelled by the sickness to remain in bed. Yaw Sarpong is a household brand in the Ghana music industry when he became the leader to the gospel group Asomafo. Narrating his past condition in an interview, the leader of the Asomafo group stated that, the period in which he was bedridden was the saddest moment of his entire life.
The singer revealed that, when he was sick, he started his treatment at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital in Kumasi, however, doctors there could not diagnose what was wrong with him. Eventually, he had to be transferred to the 37 Military Hospital where he was told by doctors that he could die at anything. This new revelation according to him, broke his spirit but he looked up to God for healing.
Right before he won the 2005 hip life artist of the year, Obour was involved in a gruesome road accident which almost costed him his life. Following his release from the hospital, Obour released a song title “Me wu Biom” to tell death that “he won’t die again”. After the accident, he produced a series of songs and television commercials to educate people on road accidents and responsible road behaviours.
Dadie Opanka is noted for his song “Tie”. The rapper’s life was almost taken when he had a motor accident on the N1 Highway. According to eyewitnesses, Dadie Opanka smashed his car into a 4×4 car that had broken down on the highway. He managed to escape death but sustained several injuries. He produced a song a gospel song to thank God for saving his life.
Should it have happened, his death would have been a tragic loss to the State as his music is enjoyed by almost every Ghanaian. The Veteran highlife artist was involved in a gruesome motor accident on his way to a concert. The good thing, however, is that, while his car was destroyed beyond repair, he was able to hold the grip of his life but sustained serious injuries in an accident that occurred at Nsutam. He lost his long-time manager in the accident.
Nana Ama McBrown
Nana Ama McBrown was nearly killed in a fatal accident on January 30th, 2013. The actress had her accident on the N1 Highway in Accra. She survived the accident but sustained severe injuries. Narrating her ordeal, she said, “I quickly pulled it, pushed back the broken bone and held my wrist to ensure I don’t lose mobility in my fingers” she stated. The accident has left a huge scar on her hand.
Yaw Siki had a near-fatal accident that his survival shocked him and many. He had the accident at a time he was doing well with his hiplife music career. He attributed his survival to God and has since viewed to do God’s work by spreading the Good News and his testimonies.
- Ghanaian celebrities who went through hell before getting a child
- Ghanaian celebrities who abandoned fame to preach the gospel
- Celebrity Baby Bumps That Will Make You Feel Like Getting Pregnant Immediately
- Ghanaian personalities who have been accused of occultism
- Wondering how Nana Ama McBrown gets money to buy the expensive cars? Here are her sources of income
- Ghanaian celebrities who dated sugar mummies
- A Sad Fathers’ Day: Celebrities Who Have Lost Their Kids To Death
- Ghanaian celebrities who have tested for Coronavirus
- List of popular persons Rev. Obofour has gifted cars
- Ghanaian Female Actresses Richer Than Shatta Wale
- 7 Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by death hoaxes
- My 9-month-old daughter has two endorsement deals – McBrown
- Begging Nana Ama Mcbrown doesn’t mean I lied about what she did – Rosemond Brown
- Wayoosi reveals the number of bottles of alcohol he takes in a day
- Nana Ama McBrown reveals how she encountered fake pastors because of childlessness
- Nana Ama McBrown celebrates husband’s birthday with celebrities
- Yaw Sarpong has been marked for death – Badu Kobi
- The movie industry has contributed to more Ghana’s economy and needs to be supported – Nana Ama Mcbrown to Majority leader
- Build Film Village in Kumasi not Kyebi – Kumawood Stars petition parliament
- McBrown, other Kumawood filmmakers ‘storm’ Parliament
- Sarkodie shares inspiring throwback photos to motivate fans on twitter
- VIDEO: “You Are A Bad Leader” – Abeiku Santana Fires Obour
- Those Who Said I Chopped MUSIGA’s Money Are Attention Seekers – Obour Reveals
- I’m An Evangelist – Obour Reveals
- Obour Reveals 3 Things He Has Achieved As Musiga President
- Obour Reveals 3 Things He Has Achieved As Musiga President
- I’m The Best President MUSIGA Has Ever Had – Obour
- VIDEO: Nana Ama McBrown Shows Off Baby’s Face For The First Time On Social Media
- VIDEO: McBrown Hosts Benedicta Gafah On “McBrown’s Kitchen” Show After Husband Snatching Rumours
- I Can’t Be MUSIGA President; I’m Too Young – Samini