No year has gone by that tragedies involving celebrities do not befall Ghanaians. Celebrities like Ebony Reigns, Suzy Williams, Bob Santo, Bishop Nyarko and many others lost their lives while at their peak. But there are some Ghanaian celebrities who got to the point of death but stayed strong and refused to succumb to it.
The rest of the article discusses some of these celebrities and how they went closer to death, looked at death in the eye and said no, not today.
Wayoosi has starred in numerous local movies and he is mostly made to play hilarious scenes. He can be said to be a Ghanaian equivalent of Aki and Pawpaw. He has starred in movies like “Agyeman”, “Kumasi Yonko”,” Matriki wo” and Many more. In 2016, the actor was rumoured to have died and before the circulation of that particular rumour, it was rumoured that his legs were amputated. In fact, Ghanaians woke up daily to death hoaxes killing the actor.
Narrating his ordeal and what led to his sickness, the actor revealed that he travelled to MC a friend’s wedding at Kasoa even though he was not well. At the event, the actor revealed that he started urinating blood at the event but his wife assured him that he would be well by close of the event. After the event, the actor was rushed to True Vine Hospital where he was referred to Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital because he lacked blood. He added that he went off for three days after he reached the emergency of Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital in the Garden City.
Kumasi-based radio station Kessben FM announced that he had died. This is probably because of what their sources at the Hospital might have told them. Wayoosi’s health condition was very critical that the then-President of Ghana John Mahama had to express concern. He paid his bills and urged doctors to do their best.
Ace gospel musician Yaw Sarpong is one of those Ghanaian Celebrities who have been able to look at death square in the face and say, “hell no, it’s not yet my time”. The gospel artist was sick for two years consecutively and was compelled by the sickness to remain in bed. Yaw Sarpong is a household brand in the Ghana music industry when he became the leader to the gospel group Asomafo. Narrating his past condition in an interview, the leader of the Asomafo group stated that, the period in which he was bedridden was the saddest moment of his entire life.
The singer revealed that, when he was sick, he started his treatment at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital in Kumasi, however, doctors there could not diagnose what was wrong with him. Eventually, he had to be transferred to the 37 Military Hospital where he was told by doctors that he could die at anything. This new revelation according to him, broke his spirit but he looked up to God for healing.
Right before he won the 2005 hip life artist of the year, Obour was involved in a gruesome road accident which almost costed him his life. Following his release from the hospital, Obour released a song title “Me wu Biom” to tell death that “he won’t die again”. After the accident, he produced a series of songs and television commercials to educate people on road accidents and responsible road behaviours.
Dadie Opanka is noted for his song “Tie”. The rapper’s life was almost taken when he had a motor accident on the N1 Highway. According to eyewitnesses, Dadie Opanka smashed his car into a 4×4 car that had broken down on the highway. He managed to escape death but sustained several injuries. He produced a song a gospel song to thank God for saving his life.
Should it have happened, his death would have been a tragic loss to the State as his music is enjoyed by almost every Ghanaian. The Veteran highlife artist was involved in a gruesome motor accident on his way to a concert. The good thing, however, is that, while his car was destroyed beyond repair, he was able to hold the grip of his life but sustained serious injuries in an accident that occurred at Nsutam. He lost his long-time manager in the accident.
Nana Ama McBrown
Nana Ama McBrown was nearly killed in a fatal accident on January 30th, 2013. The actress had her accident on the N1 Highway in Accra. She survived the accident but sustained severe injuries. Narrating her ordeal, she said, “I quickly pulled it, pushed back the broken bone and held my wrist to ensure I don’t lose mobility in my fingers” she stated. The accident has left a huge scar on her hand.
Yaw Siki had a near-fatal accident that his survival shocked him and many. He had the accident at a time he was doing well with his hiplife music career. He attributed his survival to God and has since viewed to do God’s work by spreading the Good News and his testimonies.
- Ghanaian celebrities who went through hell before getting a child
- Ghanaian celebrities who abandoned fame to preach the gospel
- Ghanaian celebrities who are multi-talented that you probably didn’t know
- Ghanaian celebrities who have struggled with infertility
- Ghanaian celebrities who love dogs
- PHOTOS: Female Ghanaian celebrities who make short hair beautiful
- WILD PHOTOS: Ghanaian celebrities obsessed with cars
- These Ghanaian musicians are beefing for real and not for publicity stunt
- Successful Ghanaian Celebrities Who Everyone Doubted from Their Beginnings
- 9 Ghanaian celebrities who switched Kumasi for Accra
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own a G- Wagon
- Before And After Photos Of Ghanaian celebrities Whose Weight Loss Will Shock You
- Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by fake news
- Ghanaian celebrities who dated sugar mummies
- Ghanaian celebrities who have tested for Coronavirus
- 7 Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by death hoaxes
- PHOTOS: 5 Ghanaian Celebrities Who Have Lost Weight Overnight
- Top 5 most influential Ghanaian celebrities who have kept clean sheets throughout their career despite criticisms
- 8 Top Ghanaian Celebrities people think are using their ‘football’ age
- Ghanaian celebrities who will retweet when you tweet at them
- Top Ghanaian celebrities who found love beyond our borders
- BE INSPIRED: Rich Ghanaian celebrities who grew up in the ghetto
- Ghanaian celebrities in long-distance relationships
- Ghanaian celebrities with royal blood that you probably didn’t know
- Ghanaian celebrities who have hit rock bottom
- Ghanaian celebrities who married into high society
- Corona Babies: List of Ghanaian celebrities who have given birth in 2020
- Female Ghanaian celebrities who make haircut looks so cute
- Ghanaian musicians using their real names as stage names
- HILARIOUS: All the times Ghanaian celebrities ‘murdered’ the English language