Most people for the love of the journalism profession took strides to enrol in institutions to learn certain skills and also polish up some skills
For some known faces and voices in the media space, that has not been the case for them since the whole journalism thing met and bonded with them quite well.
YEN.com.gh has however compiled a list of journalists in the Ghanaian media space who have made strides despite not having basic journalistic training.
1. Natalie Fort
The sweet-voiced news anchor had her training at the Accra film school. Journalism met her by chance as her voice and sweet face undoubtedly suits the media space perfectly. Natalie is an amazing news anchor and reporter who has received awards for standing out.
2. Kwami Sefa Kayi
Popularly known as the chairman general, has been the driving force behind the morning show on Peace FM for a very long period of time. YEN.com.gh has however gathered that he had no basic journalistic training. He has been able to stand out as he won the 2016 Journalist of the Year Award. YEN.com.gh believes it is a well deserving award.
3. Kojo Oppong Nkrumah
Until his active involvement in politics, the Minister for Information designate, Kojo Opppong Nkrumah was the former morning show host of Joy FM. YEN.com.gh understands that he was poached to join the Multimedia group because of how articulate he was. He has however earned his stay while working for Joy FM.
View this post on Instagram
7th January 2019 The Ministry Of Information organised the first Constitution day Public Lecture on the theme ”Constitutionalism in Ghana’s Fourth Republic: Towards Functional Performance”. The event gave us an opportunity to introspect and explore how to build on our constitutional democracy. Our thanks go to President Akufo-Addo, Speaker Mike Ocquaye, Prof Bondzi-Simpson, Chair Justice Owusu, the team from the MoI and all who made it a successful event.
4. Serwaa Amihere
Serwaa Amihere had a major transformation from being a ‘mere’ panellist on the entertainment-lifestyle show, glitterati to a news anchor on GhOne’s prime news. She, however, won the best female TV news host of 2018. YEN.com.gh believes she deserved that award and more as she is working hard to improve herself on the job. Serwaa is such a beauty to watch.
View this post on Instagram
Good morning, people. Have you seen the statement from the police on the death of investigative journalist, Ahmed Suale? On Newsroom this morning , we’ll interrogate that statement and also speak with some family members of the kidnapped girls in Takoradi. We’ll go live at 11:30 on @ghonetv and DSTV 361 .
5. Nana Aba Anamoah
Nana Aba Anamoah has been rumoured to have no journalistic training at all. Despite all these rumours making rounds, she has risen from being a news anchor at TV3 where she blossomed to the News Editor at GhOne TV. Nana Aba is really a role model to those who have the passion yet have no training at all.
- HILARIOUS: All the times Ghanaian celebrities ‘murdered’ the English language
- Ghanaian celebrities who support Manchester United
- Ghanaians celebrities and the teams they support
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own Range Rovers
- Ghanaian Female Celebrities Accused of Wearing Hip And Butt Pads
- SCREENSHOTS: Serwaa Amihere’s Birthday Gift, Mercedes-Benz GLK Was Bought By A Certain ‘Chief’?
- SCREENSHOTS: Nana Aba Anamoah ‘Pimps’ Serwaa Amihere To Rich Men For Money?
- Ghanaian celebrities who got into trouble because of their cars
- 9 Ghanaians With The Most Difficult Jobs That You Wouldn’t Want To Be In Their Shoes
- Time to do away with retirees as Presidents; Amend the laws to allow the youth to contest
- Ghana Celebrities Eagerly In Search Of Big Butts And Hips
- I am dating a lucky man – Nana Aba talks about marriage, her relationship
- Calling me ‘ashawo’ is archaic, it won’t shut me up – Nana Aba to critics
- Ghanaians yet to see no-nonsense leadership from Akufo-Addo – Serwaa Amihere
- Nana Aba Anamoah, Caroline Sampson, others join 3music Awards board
- Nana Aba tops trends after criticising NPP, NDC
- No more donor support; Government to fund 2020 elections with internal funds – Oppong Nkrumah
- Yvonne Nelson and Nana Aba Anamoah ‘clash’ over Obrafour and Sarkodie
- 5 interesting facts about Serwaa Amihere that you did not know
- Nana Aba Anamoah adjudged 2019 Radio and Television Personality of the year
- ‘I worship Sarkodie like a god’- Nana Aba Anamoah
- Nana Aba Anamoah wins big at 2019 RTP Awards
- Kofi Kapito in trouble after praising Serwaa Amihere’s curvy backside at RTP Awards
- Men masturbate with my pictures and send me the videos – Nana Aba Anamoah
- Nana Aba narrates ‘horrendous’ sexual harassment experience
- Serwaa Amihere blasts social media user for asking ‘dumb’ question
- Soldiers in custody over coup plot – Oppong Nkrumah
- Nana Aba Anamoah endorses betting but disapproves of addiction
- Make cash and stop bathing twice a day – Nana Aba Anamoah to men
- Families of missing Takoradi girls should talk less – Sefa Kayi