“Because that’s what kindness is. It’s not doing something for someone else because they can’t, but because you can.” – Andrew Iskander
Being a celebrity is mostly accompanied by an expected lifestyle of extravagance. Of course, every labourer is worthy of his hire.
The story is told of a man who was very rich in a community. However, his riches got into his head, and he decided to start looking down on his impoverished neighbours. He built a very high wall and didn’t speak with anyone because he felt that he had “class”. He kept on living that way till on a fateful day; he was attacked by armed robbers.
His screams and wails fell on deaf ears. He was robbed and brutally injured as he was beaten severely by the robbers for his failure to cooperate with them in the initial stages of the robbery.
Days after the robbery, he changed. He began speaking with his neighbours, and it was during one such conversation with them that they told him that on that fateful day, his wailings and screams were heard but because of his apparent lack of empathy, none of his neighbours was ready to risk their lives for him.
He learnt his lesson in the hardest of ways. Whiles nothing guarantees that an act of kindness will be repaid, it’s far better to engage in such random acts of kindness rather than to look down on people because we feel that we’re rich or better of.
There are some celebrities in Ghana who have understood the essence of giving back to the very people who ensured that they achieved celebrity status, and this inspired many to also do charity works in the small way they can. Is there any sight more pleasant than assisting people out of goodwill and an inherent concern for humanity?
Below is a list of the most generous celebrities in Ghana:
Despite his pleasure for human ‘beefs’ and his apparent love for controversies, Shatta Wale is one of the most generous Ghanaian celebrities. Even after interviews, he sometimes sprays cash to the numerous fans who throng the premises of the media house to support and show their love to him. He has also given out two cars to his fandom.
Below are more acts of generosity:
On February 8, 2016, dancehall artiste, Shatta Wale, donated to the Children’s Ward of the Police Hospital in Accra. The items he gave included; flat-screen television sets, detergents, a wheelchair, children’s toys and undisclosed amount cash.
In 2017, he donated 35,000 dollars to a physically challenged centre in Massachusetts in the USA after his concert in Massachusetts.
During this COVID-19 period, he delivered on his promise by feeding over 300 inmates of several police cells in Accra. Before that, he had already made two previous donations to the less privileged who were severely hit by the effects of the coronavirus.
Black Stars and Newcastle midfielder, Christian Atsu, has also paid specific attention to giving convicts a new lease of life. Through the Crime Check Foundation, he has paid for the release of several prisoners.
Touching was the story of a mother and her two daughters who were convicted to serve three months in prison for taking some leftover corn estimated at GH¢10. Christian Atsu paid ¢10,000 for their release.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
In 2019, he also paid the admission fee for a university student.
The Black Stars striker has contributed immensely to the welfare of the less privileged in society. In 2012, via the Asamoah Gyan Foundation, he donated equipment worth $20,000, to three health institutions, namely: Korle Bu Teaching Hospital, the Mamprobi Polyclinic, and the Ridge Hospital. Also, 100 patients each of the above hospitals were registered onto the National Health Insurance Scheme.
Asamoah Gyan has made significant contributions to the lives of the Suhum Ghana Blind Society. His Foundation provided them with white canes, talking watches, and 80 bags of rice. Gyan also funded the entire society’s registration onto the National Health Insurance Scheme.
In 2015, Asamoah Gyan issued out a cheque of $15,000 to the Cardio Centre of the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital.
He also constructed an AstroTurf pitch worth $250,000 for his alma mater, Accra Academy.
Osei Kwame Despite
In 2018, together with his brother and CEO of Special Group of Companies, Dr. Ernest Ofori-Sarpong, they commissioned a newly-constructed Police Station at Tesano in Accra.
He also constructed a similar edifice in his hometown, Wiamoase in the Ashanti Region. Prior to that, he built and handed over an ultramodern Children’s Block at the 37 Military Hospital.
He is also known to engage in several acts of charity that do not make it to the media.
The “celebrity politician” known for his no-nonsense way of approaching issues is also very kind-hearted. In 2019, he donated quantities of medical supplies worth GH¢60,000.00 to Assin Fosu Polyclinic, to boost health care delivery. The items he gave included; two motorcycles, microscope autoclave machines, blood bank refrigerator, 10 sets of beds, chairs, refrigerators, baby scale machines, and theatre equipment.
He has also made several donations during this COVID-19 period. Such donations include; giving 100,000 pieces of facemasks, gloves, and sanitizers to be distributed to all the frontline workers in all the 16 regional hospitals in Ghana.
Also, 200 beds, 2,000 pieces of protective clothing and 100 gallons of sanitizers have been donated to the Ministry of Health.
He has also donated 200 pieces of protective clothing, 5,000 pieces of facemasks and 5,000 pieces of gloves to the three Assin constituencies.
The controversial lawmaker is also widely known for supporting the less privileged who cannot afford to pay their school fees.
May God bless all the mentioned celebrities as they continue to support the less-privileged and society.
- WILD PHOTOS: Ghanaian celebrities obsessed with cars
- BE INSPIRED: Rich Ghanaian celebrities who grew up in the ghetto
- Top Ghanaian celebrities who cannot keep a secret
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own Range Rovers
- 10 Ghanaian celebrities who have won the hearts of Nigerians
- Ghanaian celebrities who make you proud as a Ghanaian
- Ghanaian celebrities who are multi-talented that you probably didn’t know
- 8 Top Ghanaian Celebrities people think are using their ‘football’ age
- Ghanaian celebrities with kids from different partners
- Prestigious Address: Ghanaian celebrities who have moved to East Legon
- These Ghanaian celebrities show us how small things can help COVID-19 relief efforts in big ways
- All the times Ghanaian celebrity fathers showed that baby girls are adorable
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own a G- Wagon
- Father’s Day: Young Ghanaian Celebrities who are fathers (+ Heartwarming Photos)
- Ghanaians who have won prestigious global awards
- SKIN BLEACHING: Ghanaian Celebrities Who Come To Mind
- Ghanaian celebrities who have the heart for advocacies
- These Ghanaian musicians are beefing for real and not for publicity stunt
- Ghanaian celebrities who have made us proud overseas
- Ghanaian celebrities who are at loggerheads
- Celebrity friends and besties who are now enemies
- Ghanaian celebrities and their brands that Ghanaians actually love
- Top Ghanaian celebrities who found love beyond our borders
- Ghanaian celebrities who will retweet when you tweet at them
- 2021 AFCON qualifiers: Kwesi Appiah drops Asamoah Gyan, three others for South Africa game
- SCREENSHOT: All Properties Of Shatta Wale Are Gifts From People – Pope Skinny Reveals
- 7 Most Troublesome And Annoying Ghanaians
- Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by fake news
- 9 Ghanaian celebrities who switched Kumasi for Accra
- Ghanaian celebrities who have publicly shown displeasure for Akufo Addo’s governance