Sometimes when you are present and everywhere and you all of a sudden vanish from public sights, a lot of concepts and perceptions are created about your absence and one of these is that, you might probably be dead.
Stats available on Google Trends show that a good number of Ghanaians keep searching online to find out if some celebrities are alive or dead, and the reason for their long silence.
These are some Ghanaian celebrities who are alive but some think they are dead because of their absence in their various field of work or not heard of in the media.
Ghanaian Gospel and inspirational singer Bernice Offei, a very respected gospel artiste, who is very popular for gospel music with content that addresses pressing lives issues with hit songs ‘Life is Short’ and ‘Hold on’.
For a while now, Bernice Offei has been silent and lost from the public eye and this situation started rumours of her death. However, in May 2019, she had a profiling interview with Ghanaweb to prove her existence. So against public opinion of her death, she is still alive. Even today, people are still Googling to find out if she is alive.
Bishop Kwame Kissi Bonegas used to be on the lips of every Ghanaian just like Angel Obinim and Reverend Obofour are today. However, he suddenly got lost in the media space somewhere before 2014, and in 2016, there were rumours that Bishop Bonegas is dead because of his absence.
Recent checks are that the Bishop stays in and out of the country and has decided to stay off the media eye for a while. He is still doing well and runs his Church at Kasoa.
Ellen Kyei White
Famous kumawood actress, Ellen Kyei White, after getting missing in the Ghana movie industry sparked rumours of her death. These rumours were fueled by the death of one popular Seventh Day Adventist singer also called Ellen White, whose death was mistaken for Ellen Kyei White.
However, the actress has shared certain recent pictures of herself to prove her existence. Even that, people who missed her social media posts keep on searching on Google if she is alive.
Ghanaian politician and self-appointing presidential candidate of the United Renaissance Party (URP), Kofi Way, seems to have fallen out following his failure to operate the political party he founded in 2006. His absence from the media and political scene of Ghana has made many assume the worst of him, that he is dead.
He is very much alive and doing well. An April,2019 publication on him by Ghanaweb indicates that Kofi Wayo is alive and now channelling his strength and attention in doing commercial farming.
After going famous with his Ghana Jesus comedy skits, there were prophecies that his act of mocking Jesus would bring upon him the wrath of Jesus which would eventually lead him to his death. In November 2019, there were rumours he was dead, something he countered in December 2019 to prove to everyone he is alive.
A few weeks ago, speculations made rounds again that he is dead. No, Mmebusem is alive and he is still releasing his comedy skits, just that he is not getting the attention he used to enjoy.
- Top Ghanaian celebrities who found love beyond our borders
- Ghanaian celebrities in long-distance relationships
- PHOTOS: Female Ghanaian celebrities who make short hair beautiful
- Ghanaian celebrities who stole our hearts and never came back
- Ghanaian female celebrities using their star power to launch businesses
- 9 Ghanaian celebrities who have died in 2020
- Ghanaian celebrities who are multi-talented that you probably didn’t know
- Ghanaian celebrities who will retweet when you tweet at them
- BE INSPIRED: Rich Ghanaian celebrities who grew up in the ghetto
- Ghanaian celebrities who have struggled with infertility
- Agradaa is dead
- Ghanaian celebrities with royal blood that you probably didn’t know
- Ghanaian celebrities who have hit rock bottom
- Ghanaian celebrities who married into high society
- Corona Babies: List of Ghanaian celebrities who have given birth in 2020
- Ghanaian celebrities who love dogs
- Female Ghanaian celebrities who make haircut looks so cute
- Ghanaian musicians using their real names as stage names
- HILARIOUS: All the times Ghanaian celebrities ‘murdered’ the English language
- All the times Ghanaian celebrity fathers showed that baby girls are adorable
- Ghanaian celebrities you didn’t know are Muslims
- Top celebrities Ghanaians have lost to Nigeria
- Ghanaian celebrities who are building brands around their body parts
- Ghanaians who have won prestigious global awards
- Ghanaian celebrities and their brands that Ghanaians actually love
- Ghanaian celebrities who make you proud as a Ghanaian
- 30 Photos of GMB 2020 co-host Anita Akuffo that are causing stir online
- Ghanaian celebrities who got into trouble because of their cars
- Musicians who make being a Ghanaian very honourable
- Ghanaian musicians who dropped their career and are better off as entrepreneurs