Emirates A380 operated a historic one-off flight to Accra’s Kotoka International Airport Terminal 3 on Tuesday October 2, 2018 and travel enthusiasts are eager to know more about the Airbus.
Jetsanza.com puts together 10 amazing facts about the double-deck, wide-body, four-engine jet airliner airbus.
Airbus 380 is manufactured by European manufacturer Airbus. It is the world’s largest passenger airliner and several airports have upgraded facilities to operate it.
These are some of the facts about Airbus 380
1. Singapore airliners were the first to receive the World’s largest passenger aircraft and the First flight was made from Singapore to Sydney with 450 passengers on board.
2. Other planes at the airport have to wait up to three minutes before taking off because of the turbulence from its four engines and wingtips.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
3. The wingspan of the Airbus A380 is about 79.75 meters. That’s nine London’s Double deckers together
4. It can provide seating for 525 to 853 passengers.
5. Only Twenty Airports in the world have enough longer runways to handle the service of Airbus A380.
6. The A380 is the largest passenger aircraft in history of aviation with its maximum takeoff weight of 1235klb and it weighs 560 tonnes.
7. It requires about 3600 liters of paint to paint the exterior of the aircraft.
8. The A380 has a flying range of totally 15200 km, and also it is used for the two longest non-stop flights; Emirates Auckland – Dubai and Qantas Dallas/Fort Worth- Sydney.
9. The Airbus A380 is said to be one of the biggest Commercial Aircraft in the world, but the truth is that the biggest plane is Antonov An-225, which is much larger than A380.
10. On January 10 2006 , The Airbus A380 made its first flight journey from Medellin in Colombia.
- Kotoka Airport: Domestic airline operations moved to Terminal 2
- VIDEO: Watch the arrival of Emirates A380 at the Kotoka Airport Terminal 3
- Emirates A380 lands in Accra (Photos)
- Social media users roast Ace Ankomah over ‘fake’ KIA terminal 3 flood post
- Kotoka Airport Terminal 3 official inauguration cancelled; President shy to inaugurate facility
- No Flooding at Kotoka Airport Terminal 3 – GACL debunks reports
- Corruption, extortion at Kotoka Airport: Our officers not complicit – Immigration Service
- Immigration Service rolls out policy to tackle corruption at Kotoka Airport
- Ghana finalizes agreement with GERC for $2.2bn Eastern railway project
- Ethiopian Airlines crash: Mum sensed daughter’s death
- BREAKING NEWS: UK Bans Boeing 737 MAX 8 Aircraft From Its Airspace
- This is the Nigerian who died in the Ethiopian Airlines crash
- Ghanaians expected on crashed Ethiopian Airlines flight
- UPDATE: ‘No survivors’ on crashed Ethiopian Airline
- Ethiopian Airlines flight to Nairobi crashes
- Notable people who called for Catherine Afeku’s removal as Tourism Minister
- Catherine Afeku Removed as Minister For Tourism & Creative Arts
- Cape360 awarded at 2018 Central Region Tourism Awards; see full list of winners
- How to successfully apply for South Africa Visitor Visa from Ghana
- Nalerigu: What the capital of the newly created North East Region has for tourists
- Nigerians Travel To Ghana Just To See KIA Terminal 3
- YEAR OF RETURN: Aburi’s Regeneration Concert records impeccable performances in a marijuana-filled atmosphere
- YEAR OF RETURN: Aburi Botanical Gardens to host African Culture and Wellness Festival
- Uganda hints of Sex Tourism
- Airport worker cries over GHS400 salary
- START PACKING: Canada wants 1 million more new immigrants over the next 3 years
- U.S ambassador summoned over high rate of visa denials
- Passport forms now free and available online
- Free WiFi on board Dubai taxis
- Ghana’s tourism promoted by Shatta Wale’s Reign album launch