Ghana and Nigeria have so many things in common; from sports, politics to entertainment. The relationship between the two has defied the logic of simple prediction. In the entertainment circles, they agree to disagree in so many ways but still keep the relationship exciting.
This article seeks to give out top ten names of some Ghanaian celebrities who have won the hearts of Nigerians.
Joseph Van Vicker
So many Nigerians love actor Van Vicker due to his sterling performance in movies. He is featured in so many Nigerian and Ghanaian movies. He has often cited in interviews that he considers himself a global citizen as he was raised all over the world by his mother.
At the peak of his career when the movie industry in Ghana was dwindling, he left for Nigeria, where he became an integral part of Nollywood (The Nigerian movie industry) and revived his career.
This is a Ghanaian hiplife, and hip hop music group made up of Zeal, formerly known as Lazzy (Abdul Hamid Ibrahim), Prodigal (Joseph Nana Ofori) and Promzy.VIP became a household name in Nigeria after releasing their track “Ahomka wom” which gained some popularity in Lagos and other parts of Nigeria.
The song won the group the most popular Artiste of the year (2005) in the Nigeria Music Awards. They still won other awards in the country such as the Artiste of the Year at the City People Awards in 2010.
The actress who has objected to the term ‘half-caste’ and said that she was ‘Black and proud of it’ has also starred in several Nigerian movies. After her divorce with Kwadwo Safo Kantanka Jnr, she went ahead to date Nigerian Rapper Iceberg Slim between 2017 and 2018. Juliet is loved throughout Africa. She gets a lot of gigs in Nigeria and Liberia.
Nana Kwaku Okyere Duah, popularly known as TiC, and formerly Tic Tac, was involved in a campaign with the United Nation in Sierra Leone and Ghana, alongside Ramsey Nouah and as part of the WFP raising funds for children. He also featured a lot of Nigerians artistes like Tony Tetuila. His song “Fefenefe” with Tony Tetuila was a great hit in Nigeria.
Shatta bundle became a household name in Nigeria after his videos went viral on social media claiming he was richer than Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote. Most Nigerians were bent on seeing this young man who was brimming with hopes of being richer than Dangote.
Till date, it has been positive feedback from them to the young man.
The Ghanaian rapper now is seen as the well-known Ghanaian musician on the continent of Africa and Nigeria. Sarkodie has received a lot of love and won a lot of Awards in Nigeria due to his songs that focuses on all facets of our lives.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
He is now the current and the first winner of BET’s Best International Flow act at the 2019 BET Hip Hop Awards. The rapper enjoys a lot of airplay in Nigeria.
Chinyere Yvonne Okoro is a Ghanaian-Nigerian actress. Born to a Nigerian dad and Ghanaian mother, Yvonne Okoro is of mixed lineage and calls herself an African. She has also cast some movies in Nigeria. Due to her exploits in the movie industry, she is also been recognized and loved by Nigerians.
The Ghanaian-Lebanese is a movie actor who has carved a niche for himself in the movie industry both in Ghana and Nigeria. Majid started his acting career in Ghana then later went ahead to cast in Nigerian movies.
Michel made his Nollywood debut in the 2009 romantic drama, Emerald, playing a leading role alongside Genevieve Nnaji. That was the movie that got the attention of many Nigerians on the Ghanaian actors.
Emmanuel Yeboah, popularly known as AY Poyoo, has now gone international as his GOAT song has been featured in a popular comedy skit. In a recent skit posted on Instagram by popular Nigerian actor cum comedian, Egere Sydney, AY Poyoo’s track was used.
The Internet sensation after his break onto the Ghanaian scene has been crossing borders receiving attention in Nigeria. Jude Dawam, a Nigerian comedian turned singer, put out a new song titled ‘I’m a cow’ in response to Poyoo’s song “I’m a goat”
The dancehall Artiste initially was hated by Nigerians due to his comments against Wizkid. Shatta Wale said the Nigerian musician was not a good singer and that saw a lot of backlash from Nigerians but that later it came with some recognition in the Nigerian entertainment industry. Since then the story has been good for him as Nigerians now love his songs and he enjoys good airplay in the country.
- Father’s Day: Young Ghanaian Celebrities who are fathers (+ Heartwarming Photos)
- Ghanaian celebrities who use Uber
- Ghanaians who have won prestigious global awards
- Ghanaian celebrities who make you proud as a Ghanaian
- INSPIRING PHOTOS: Ghanaian celebrities who show us how they get fit
- These Ghanaian musicians are beefing for real and not for publicity stunt
- Ghanaian celebrities who have made us proud overseas
- Ghanaian celebrities who are at loggerheads
- Celebrity friends and besties who are now enemies
- Ghanaian celebrities who were rich before stardom
- Ghanaian celebrities and their brands that Ghanaians actually love
- Ghanaian celebrities who abandoned fame to preach the gospel
- Musicians that ‘ruled’ Ghana in their Prime
- Ghanaian celebrities who got into trouble because of their cars
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own a G- Wagon
- Ghanaian celebrities who married or dated foreigners
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own Range Rovers
- Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by fake news
- Successful Ghanaian Celebrities Who Everyone Doubted from Their Beginnings
- Ghanaian celebrities with foreign accents
- Social media celebrities whose fame “ended in tears”
- 8 Top Ghanaian Celebrities people think are using their ‘football’ age
- Ghanaian celebrities who married into high society
- VIDEO: Ghanaian celebrities who drive expensive and luxurious cars
- Top Ghanaian celebrities who cannot keep a secret
- 5 Most generous Ghanaian celebrities who inspire us with their timely donations
- Prestigious Address: Ghanaian celebrities who have moved to East Legon
- These Ghanaian celebrities show us how small things can help COVID-19 relief efforts in big ways
- All the times Ghanaian celebrity fathers showed that baby girls are adorable
- Ghanaians celebrities and the teams they support